NERC – North American Electric Reliability Council
The Energy Policy Act of 2005 authorized the creation of a self-regulatory electric reliability organization (ERO) that spans North America, with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) oversight in the United States. The legislation makes compliance with North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) and regional reliability standards mandatory and enforceable; presently compliance is voluntary in the United States. Our company has help client’s do NERC vulnerability assessments and complete required Cyber Security Plans.
Greenwood Security Services has supported clients with NERC Physical Security compliance and audit for electricity generating plants in Colorado, New York and New Jersey, waste-to-energy plants in Florida and Washington, and hydroelectric generation facilities throughout New England.
- CIP-002-3 Cyber Security – Critical Cyber Asset Identification
- CIP-003-3 Cyber Security – Security Management Controls
- CIP-004-3a Cyber Security – Personnel & Training
- CIP-005-3a Cyber Security – Electronic Security Perimeter(s)
- CIP-006-3c Cyber Security – Physical Security of Critical Cyber Assets
- CIP-007-3a Cyber Security – Systems Security Management
- CIP-008-3 Cyber Security – Incident Reporting and Response Planning
- CIP-009-3 Cyber Security – Recovery Plans for Critical Cyber Assets
- CIP-014-1 Physical Security