Rick, a Houston based HR manager, arranges travel to the company’s Guatemala City office to roll-out next year’s benefits package. He arrives at the Guatemala office only to learn the people he needs to meet with have all departed to Houston for meetings with operation leadership. Wouldn’t it be great to have an easy to use software that requires Rick’s trip be approved ahead of time by his boss, the host country manager, and perhaps his cost center manager? How about notifying Corporate Security of his travel plans? Business Travel Assurance (BTA) is a fully deployed, stable software system developed by Don Greenwood & Associates Inc. that accomplishes all of this and more.
On a more serious note, when on 9/1/2012 the U.S. embassy was attacked in Benghazi, our client had operations in Libya. In minutes, they knew which employees were there, which were in route, and who had planned travel to go there in the near term. All easy to pull reports from BTA.
BTA operates on the company email system – no need to sign-on to a separate software application. When a travel itinerary is booked, BTA checks the destinations against a configurable list and takes these actions:
- An automatically generated email alert is sent to the traveler stating this travel booking needs approval.
- If the country is in the high-risk category, Corporate Security is notified and must clear the travel before it can proceed.
- A similar email is sent to the traveler’s manager, asking for the approval. The manager can take one of three options – approve the trip, disapprove, or ask for more information.
- An email is also sent to the cost center manager seeking financial approval. And an email notifies the destination country manager as well.
- If the destination is on a health alert list, an email is sent to the medical department, so they can provide necessary inoculations and information.
- The system also asks the traveler if they are going to a conference. If the answer is yes, it asks if they are a presenter and several other questions. Therefore, travel costs for conferences is significantly reduced.
- Manager can pull many reports from the system: travelers by approving manager, trips by a single traveler, volume of travel to a specific destination, etc.
BTA is a fully deployed, cloud-based solution designed to help assure business traveler safety, managerial awareness, and cost control. Originally designed to facilitate a client-specific international travel approval process, BTA has evolved as a comprehensive platform for managing business travel at the enterprise level.
Click here to learn more about BTA.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org