Port Security Grants possibly announced in two weeks.
FEMA Grant Programs Directorate provided a presentation regarding the FY2017 Port Security Grant Program (PSGP).
- Announcement expected May 19, 2017.
- Grants will need to be submitted to FEMA by June 19, 2017.
- Anticipated to be for the same amount as FY2016, $100,000,000.00.
- Funding priorities remain the same as 2016:
- Enhancing Maritime Domain Awareness
- TWIC Readers
- Cybersecurity Capabilities
- Training and Exercises, etc.
- Cost sharing remains the same as 2016, 25/75 split.
To read more about the PSCP, click here and here.
Last year the 2016 PSGP Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) was released mid-February and applications had to be submitted by late April. It looks like this year, we will have to wait until late April or early May before the NOFO is released.
DHS/FEMA has an approved budget of $93 million for the 2017 PSGP, but are currently operating under a Continuing Resolution. The 2017 PSGP documents have been prepared and some are posted in draft. However, the actual launch of the program until the federal budget is approved. Again, this is expected in April.
This delay should not keep applicants from making sure their registrations are up to date and making sure they have a plan in place. This gives applicants more time to prepare their Investment Justifications (IJs) and ensure that their project budgets are ready to go when the NOFO is released.
To read more about preparing for the 2017 PSGP, click here.