The American Association of Port Authorities hosted a webinar regarding the FY2017 Port Security Grant Program. Duane Davis, East Section Chief for the Port Security Grant Program presented during the webinar.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity announcement expected June 2, 2017.
- Grant applications will need to be submitted to FEMA by June 21, 2017.
- Anticipated to be for the same amount as FY2016, $100,000,000.00.
- Funding priorities remain the same as 2016:
- Enhancing Maritime Domain Awareness
- TWIC Readers
- Cybersecurity Capabilities
- Training and Exercises, etc.
- Cost sharing remains the same as 2016, 25/75 split.
The timeframe from the NOFO announcement to application due date is only 21 days or 3 weeks. This is a very tight timeframe to get all the necessary registrations and Investment Justification (IJs) completed.
Failing to complete the following steps will likely result in an invalid application:
- Verifying, updating, or applying for a DUNS
- Updating or verifying SAM
- Register and establish a AOR
- Submit application in Grants.gov
- Applying for, updating or verifying your EIN (can take up to 2 weeks!)
- Submitting the final application in NDGrants
Mr. Davis stated to get the above done as soon as possible, hopefully already started. Don’t wait or it might be too late.
To read more about the PSCP, click here.